28 July 2009

Intermission: Casting Call!

Jessika the Tank from over at Pretty in Plate had this excellent idea for a post, so I'm going to take a moment from your regularly scheduled program (crap, when was my last real post again? I better get on that...) and run with this here idea, 'cause it's a good one.

Yes, Jess, I am shamelessly stealing your meme. Let's see how far this goes from my little corner of teh intarwebtubes...

The idea is thus: we know that the great Sam Raimi is going
to be directing the fabled World of Warcraft movie. So, let's imagine, if we will, that the great Lord Raimi has decided that your characters would be perfect to tell the story he wants to tell. Even better, Mr. Raimi has given you first pass at casting your characters. The question, then, is simple: Who do you get to play your character(s) in the WoW movie?

Being that I'm starting the meme, my choices are...

Oded Fehr as Khol Drake. Y0u may remember him best as the mysterious desert rider from the trio of Mummy films, but he was also the asskicker Carlos Olivera in the second and third Resident Evil movies. He's the exact right height, he's got the right build and has already proven he can do the action. Give him plenty of dry, sarcastic one-liners and we're set.

Rutger Hauer as Mordock Steelfist. Mordock is, above all, an old soldier. Despite the fact that he's really only in his late 30's, he looks and acts like he's a veteran of the First War. If there's anyone who exemplifies the old veteran of innumerable battles, Rutger Hauer is that man.

Kate Nauta as Lotos Abstraction. At first glance, Lotos looks like most Night Elf women: tall, slender, athletic, rounded in all the right ways and all the right places. A closer look and you can see that she's actually hard muscle and sharp lines. Kinda like Kate Nauta, the crazy killer woman from Transporter 2.

That's my cast. So, a meme isn't much of a meme unless you tag other people to participate. Since Jessika started this, I can't well tag her. What I can do, though is tag a bunch of people who I think should have something interesting to say.

Edit (3DEC09): Anna went and made another casting call, so I couldn't help but participate. Since I wrote this post, though, I've been melting a lot of faces on my shadow priest, so now she needs to be cast as well. So without further ado...

Lucy Lawless as Iriandra Trellen. Tall, shapely and just a little on the dominatrix side, Iriandra is not the sort of priest you want to cross. Under normal circumstances, she's quite pleasant and amiable. Once her temper is up, though, faces start melting. I can't think of anyone who embodies this more than the lovely Ms. Lawless.

So, Ratshag, Ila, Anna, Keredria, Pike and Euripedes...consider yourselves tagged. Who would you cast as your characters in the WoW movie?

3 comments:

Morane said...

I like Rutger Hauer, that's a damn good pick.

Jessika said...

Heh. Very nice Khol Drake...better than me. I fail at memes.

Keredria said...

I'm gonna do this... still thinking...